Customer-driven design of product-services and production networks to adapt to regional market requirements
Project web site
April 2015 – March 2018
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Reference in EnginSoft
Manufacturing & materials - Process control
ProRegio project aims at developing a manufacturing intelligence based product-service that can rigorously change the current way customer requirements are addressed by manufacturing companies. This technology-based business approach enables globally operating European companies to efficiently deliver innovative product-services to a globally distributed network of customers with strongly differing regional requirements in term of product design and functionality. Additionally, this approach can shorten time-to-markets and delivery times.
The development of the new business approach envisaged by ProRegio is based on three major issues:
- design of customer oriented product-services for frugal innovation in a bottom-up development process;
- optimization of production systems and networks based on interaction of stakeholders;
- planning and control of production networks and regional production systems to enable ad-hoc re-design.
The three targets are enabled by innovative cloud-based product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions integrating production (shop-floor and supplier) as well as customer feedbacks using open IT-platforms and advanced multi-objective optimization methods in comprehensive decision support tools.
The application of the proposed methodology in any kind of engaging manufacturing company exploits potentials to shorten time-to-market of customized products and reduce carbon footprint of global production networks.
The integration of the proposed innovative product-service into production networks increases the attractiveness of European companies by offering new added value services that make their products more attractive (e.g. more individualized products and shorter time to market) to different customers segments, especially in relation to emerging regions, by increasing customer satisfaction in terms of providing more power to the customer.
ProRegio enables EU companies to export into emerging countries all around the world; in doing so the project will help to stabilize EU’s export growth above 5% until 2020.
EnginSoft is involved in several work packages with the following activities:
- development of new methods supporting the comprehensive decision tools based on multi-objective optimization algorithms;
- definition of hardware and software requirements for new ICT solutions to be developed within the project;
- development of an innovative methodology based on a software platform for the design and redesign of an assembly line.
Partners: Airbus Operations GmbH | Arçelik A.Ş | Audros | Comau | Ecole Centrale de Nantes (ECN) | EnginSoft Spa | Flexis AG | GIZELIS ROBOTICS | Politecnico di Milano | teXXmo Research | University of Patras - Laboratory for Manufacturing Systems & Automation (LMS)
Funding Scheme Horizon 2020 | Call identifier H2020-FoF-2014