Digital Platform for Circular Economy in Cross-sectorial Sustainable Value Networks
Project web site
January 2020 - December 2023
Politecnico di Milano
Reference in EnginSoft
Marco Perillo - Marisa Zanotti
The project aims to develop a new concept for a digital platform for the Circular Economy that overcomes information asymmetry among stakeholders in the value chain, in order to unlock new circular business models based on the data-enhanced recovery and re-use of functions and materials from high value-added post-use products with a cross-sectorial approach.
- the cross-sectoral dimension of value chains (de- and re-manufacturing-oriented product information management, product co-creation, life cycle assessment (LCA)-life cycle costing (LCC) for eco-design, demand-supply matching, sustainable value network and identification of reverse logistics barriers and legislative support);
- the operational dimension (prediction of product conditions, decision support systems for de- and re-manufacturing, demand and supply forecasting, circular production planning and control, material testing and certification).
DigiPrime will be validated through six intersectoral pilots covering five European industrial sectors: automotive, renewable energy, electronics, textiles, construction.
DigiPrime will create and operate a federated model of digital platforms by developing reliable data sharing mechanisms and preserving the confidentiality of business-critical data, governed by smart contracts and using block-chain tracking.
New concept for a digital platform for the Circular Economy that overcomes information asymmetry among stakeholders in the value chain.
New circular business models based on the data-enhanced recovery and re-use of functions and materials from high value-added post-use products with a cross-sector approach.
EnginSoft is a leader in the formalization of specific use-cases for the services provided to pilot projects by digital platform software applications.
The company provides cutting-edge expertise in modeling, simulation and optimization for:
- The development of a high-level simulation-optimization model to define the best configuration for reverse logistics in order to maximize the economic and environmental performance of the cross-sectorial value chain.
- The implementation of a platform service to predict the conditions of post-use products prior to the de- and re-manufacturing processes.
- The de- and re-manufacturing decision support system (DSS) to define the best circular economy strategy for specific post-use product conditions.
- The development of a general dynamic modeling environment to assess the impact of the multi-sided, multi-user DigiPrime platform under uncertain conditions, taking into account the business models and value-chain interaction mechanisms.
Partners: POLITECNICO DI MILANO, ATLANTIS ENGINEERING AE, BALANCE TECHNOLOGY CONSULTING GMBH, BOSCH REXROTH AG, CENTRO TESSILE COTONIERO E ABBIGLIAMENTO SPA, CIRCULAR ECONOMY SOLUTIONS GMBH, COBAT SERVIZI , CONTINENTAL AG, DESIGNAUSTRIA (DA), E REPAIR SRL, EDAG ENGINEERING GMBH, ENGINSOFT SPA, ENGINSOFT TURKEY MUHENDISLIK YAZILIM TICARET LIMITED SIRKETI, ENVIROBAT ESPANA SL, EXTRA RED SRL, FLEXIS AG, FUNDACIÓN TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION, HOLONIX SRL– SPIN-OFF OF POLITECNICO DI MILANO, IDEA STRATEGISCHE ECONOMISCHE CONSULTING, INDRA SAS, INGENIERIA Y APLICACIONES SOLARES 2005 SL, INNOVA SRL, INOTEX SPOL SRO, KARLSRUHER INSTITUT FUER TECHNOLOGIE, KNORR-BREMSE SYSTEME FÜR NUTZFAHRZEUGE GMBH, LULEA TEKNISKA UNIVERSITET, MAGYAR TUDOMANYOS AKADEMIA SZAMITASTECHNIKAI ES AUTOMATIZALASI KUTATOINTEZET, NTUA – NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS, PLASTIPOLIS, RESEARCH AND EDUCATION LABORATORY IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES, RIVIERASCA SPA, SAUBERMACHER DIENSTLEISTUNGS AG, SIEMENS GAMESA RENEWABLE ENERGY INNOVATION & TECHNOLOGY S.L., SIMPLAN AG, TTS – TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER SYSTEMS SRL, UNIVERSITAT AUTONOMA DE BARCELONA, VELTHA IVZW
Funding Scheme Horizon2020 | Call identifier DT-ICT-07-2018-2019